Monday, February 14, 2011

Again, for you, my love...

Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering

And if the man who once upon a time had been a boy who promised he'd never fall in love with another girl as long as he lived kept his promise, it wasn't because he was stubborn or even loyal. He couldn't help it."



Wittgenstein once wrote that when the eye sees something beautiful, the hand wants to draw it. I wish I could draw you."


When you are young, you think it's going to be solved by love. But it never is. Being close -- as close as you can get -- to another person only makes clear that impassable distance between you.'


If being in love only made people more lonely, why would everyone want it so much?'

Because of the illusion. You fall in love, it's intoxicating, and for a little while you feel like you've actually become one with the other person. Merged souls and so on. You think you'll never be lonely again."


Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering"



For her I changed pebbles into diamonds, shoes into mirrors, I changed glass into water, I gave her wings and pulled birds from her ears and in her pockets she found the feathers, I asked a pear to become a pineapple, a pineapple to become a lightbulb, a lightbulb to become the moon, and the moon to become a coin I flipped for her love..."



I could go on, FOREVER about this book, THE HISTORY OF LOVE by Nicole Krauss.  Have you read it, WHAT, you havent?!?!?!?!  Please, do yourself an ENORMOUS favor and get this book and read this book...it will change your life!

No comments: