Thursday, January 1, 2009

Chocolate Egg

As I am watching an Anthony Bourdain No Reservations marathon, Anthony goes to Spain (sigh) I love Spain! I had the pleasure of going about 4 years ago as a tourist. My dream is to go back to some of these locations as a regular or with a regular to see how the locals live, much as Mr. Bourdain gets to do.
In Barcelona, he visited a Chocolatier, Enric Roviva who is inspired by Gaudi and the architecture of the Barcelona skyline and makes the above Chocolate eggs. After he makes the complete egg, he places them outside, in the sun and watches them closely. As the chocolate starts to sweat and melt, all of a sudden it pops and the hole appears. The eggs are quickly brought back inside, sprayed with more chocolate and put up for sale for 50 Euros (the eggs are really quite big). Oh, I am in love, this place goes on the list!

No comments: